Managing these relationships requires care and a measured approach. The damage to an employer or employee’s reputation is often more severe than direct financial repercussions, and harder to control.
We help you manage your relationships with finesse amidst the fluidity of the employment landscape in Singapore. With a movement towards greater employee protection in tandem with cultural changes, fair employment practices benefit both employers and employees.
We ensure your interests are protected when it comes to contentious matters such as:
- Managing termination of employment, including wrongful dismissal or constructive dismissal claims
- Employee misconduct claims, such as breach of policies or fiduciary duties, and workplace harassment
- Investigations of complaints conducted by the Ministry of Manpower or TAFEP for potential breaches of the Employment Act
- Restrictive covenants (e.g. non-competition, non-solicitation clauses)
- Retrenchment and restructuring exercises
In better times, we help your business grow with tailored advice on:
- Employment documentation, including employment contracts, disciplinary policies, grievance policies and employee handbooks
- Employee share option schemes
- Transfers of employment as part of sales of business
Reach out to Matthew Teo to work with us for your employment law needs.
Our focus is practical and effective dispute management
Specialist support in contentious and non-contentious matters
Broad support for your business as it evolves and grows
Industry-wide representation in this complex, cross-border ecosystem